Surya Namaskar Ek, Fayde Anekh. In Surya Namaskar, Surya refers to “the solar,” and Namaskar means “bowing down in respect.” This has been the most well-liked yogic kriyas for a lot of many years now, because it combines 12 yoga asanas in a yogic sequence. Working towards Surya Namaskar each day helps in balancing three constituents of your physique, i.e., Kapha, Pitta, and Vata, which can assist you lead your life in a better manner and affect your creativity and intuitive talents. It’s easy but highly effective poses are what make it potential for folks of all age teams and all sizes to carry out it, anytime, anyplace.
Desk of Contents
Over the centuries, Surya Namaskar has advanced, and its poses have differed into varied kinds and variations. Furthermore, that is one yogic kriya that by no means diminished however has solely expanded. In actuality, Surya Namaskar is built-in into varied sorts of yoga kinds. Let’s check out them within the part beneath:
- Ashtanga Surya Namaskar: Within the Ashtanga Surya Namaskar collection, solar salutations have two types. -Sort A and B. Sort A, consists of 9 Vinyasas and kind B consists of seventeen vinyasas.
- Hatha Surya Namaskar: It’s carried out via the 12 spinal poses, which places deep emphasis on respiratory prominently. It is among the mostly practiced Surya Namaskar kinds and presumably the simplest one.
- Iyengar Surya Namaskar: Iyengar Surya Namaskar is much like the Hatha follow, however right here the main focus is a bit more on tempo and vitality, whereby, it’s carried out at a faster tempo than different Surya Namaskar sorts.
On this part let’s spend a while exploring the 12 traditional poses of conventional Hatha Surya Namaskar.
Pose 1: Prayer pose – Pranamasana.
- Begin by standing straight on the entrance of your mat, bringing your toes collectively, and protecting arms unfastened alongside.
- Now, shut your eyes and produce your palms to fulfill within the heart of your chest. Calm down the entire physique.
- This pose relaxes the nervous system and helps in gaining the stability of the physique.
- It additionally helps relieve stress and anxiousness.
Pose 2: Raised arms pose – Hasta Uttanasana
- Hasta Uttanasana is began by exhaling deeply
- Inhale deeply thereafter stretching your arms ahead and bringing them up over your head.
- Lookup and stretch the physique barely backward by pushing your pelvis ahead.
- Breathe out. (Concentrate on breathing-in if you arch backward, and as you bend ahead breathe-out.)
- Stretches and tones the muscle mass of the stomach.
- Expands the entire physique from heel to the tip of the fingers.
Pose 3: Hand to foot pose – Hasta Padasana.
- Exhale and begin to fold ahead and right down to the knees; as you come ahead, preserve the backbone lengthy.
- Palms down on the ground, have simply your fingertips touching the ground.
- Bend the knees simply sufficient so your chest can relaxation in opposition to the thighs, and your head touching your knee. Maintain this place for a couple of seconds.
- It stretches the backbone and makes it versatile.
- It additionally stretches the hamstrings and opens the legs, shoulders, and arms muscle mass.
Pose 4: Equestrian pose – Ashwa Sanchalanasana
- Subsequent, step your proper leg again, placing simply the knee down and comfortably tucking the toes beneath.
- On the similar time bend the left knee leaving the foot flat on the ground.
- Press the fingertips or palms right down to the ground, roll the shoulders again, and slowly lookup.
- Strengthens the leg muscle mass and backbone.
- Relieves in indigestion and constipation.
Pose 5: Mountain pose – Parvatasana
- Slowly exhale, having management convey your palms onto the ground and stepping the left foot again beside the suitable, raise your hips up into the air.
- Lengthening via your backbone, convey the shoulders in the direction of the ankles. Take a couple of breaths.
- It improves posture and calms the thoughts.
Pose 6: Ashtanga Namaskara
- As you exhale, decrease your knees down and slowly, with a managed chest, come down whereas pushing your head ahead on the ground.
- Hold your elbows proper in in opposition to your sides; supplying you with extra power.
- Now, as you construct extra power on this transition, you’ll be able to decrease the chest down and nonetheless preserve your hip up within the air.
- It improves the flexibleness of the again and backbone.
- Strengthens the again muscle and relieves construct up stress.
- Your eight physique elements are labored in a single pose.
Pose 7: Cobra pose – Bhujangasana
- Hold arms and toes proper the place they’re. And inhale.
- Slide ahead and lift your chest like a cobra.
- Roll the shoulders again, Hold your elbows bent, and squeeze them again in the direction of one another.
- Slowly lookup.
- It improves flexibility and temper.
- It stretches the shoulders, chest, again, legs muscle, unexpectedly.
Pose 8: Mountain pose – Parvatasana.
- Whilst you exhale, tuck the toes beneath. (similar as pose 5)
- Press again to an inverted V place, lengthening via the backbone, bringing the shoulders in the direction of the ankles. Take a couple of breaths right here. As you exhale raise the hips in the direction of the sky and press your arms into the bottom.
- It will increase the blood circulation to the spinal area.
- It relieves signs of menopause in ladies.
Pose 9: Equestrian pose – Ashwa Sanchalanasana.
- Carry the left foot forwards between the arms, and push the pelvis forwards. Carry the torso and tilt the pinnacle again, arching the again and looking out as much as the sky (similar as pose 4).
- Brings flexibility to leg muscle mass and tones the stomach organs.
- Strengthens the backbone.
Pose 10: Hand to foot pose – Hasta Padasana.
- Exhale, preserve the suitable foot in entrance, bringing the legs collectively (similar as pose 3).
- Bend the knees simply sufficient so your chest can relaxation in opposition to the thighs, and your head touching your knee.
- It helps in curing insomnia, osteoporosis, headache, anxiousness, and stress.
Pose 11: Raised Arms Pose- Hasta Uttanasana
- Inhale deeply thereafter stretching your arms ahead and bringing them up over your head (similar as pose 2)
- Lookup and stretch the physique barely backward by pushing your pelvis ahead.
- Breathe out.
- It cures well being issues like bronchial asthma, decrease again ache, and fatigue. It additionally aids digestion.
- Expands the chest, which leads to a full consumption of oxygen.
Pose 12: Standing Mountain pose – Tadasana.
- Then, eventually, exhale and are available again to the prayer place (similar as pose 1).
- Carry your arms down, sluggish and regular.
- Strengthens thighs, knees, and ankles and improves posture.
- Tone your hips and stomach and assist to achieve management over your muscular actions.
These 12 poses when practiced make up for one cycle of Surya Namaskar. Ideally, doing 12-15 cycles a day will get you all the advantages required by the physique, protecting you match and wholesome for a greater tomorrow.
Different Advantages of Surya Namaskar:
- Stability of Dosha: Pita, Kapha, and Vata are three doshas that may exit of stability as a consequence of varied causes. It’s majorly affected by the climate, meals, on a regular basis dangerous actions, stress at work, and depreciated sleep. Nevertheless, you’ll be able to preserve your dosha consistent with practising Surya Namaskar each day.
- Weight-loss Booster: Merely stretching the stomach muscle mass will definitely make you lose extra calories via Surya namaskar. It additionally manages the hormonal secretions from thyroid glands which might be answerable for weight acquire.
- Improves psychological well being: Surya Namaskar has an awesome significance for kids to strengthen their focus and calm down their minds whereas decreasing sleepiness, somatic stress, fear, and unfavourable emotion at a dispositional degree. It could actually assist to revitalize the mind by participating the spinal wire. A each day 15-minute follow can reap nice outcomes for the mind.
The bodily advantages of Surya Namaskar are aplenty. This 12 posture yogic kriya lubricates all of the joints of your physique by synchronizing together with your breath supplying you with higher bodily well being and psychological focus. The common follow of 12 rounds of Surya Namaskar not solely offers you monumental advantages that allow you to uncover who you might be but in addition retains your physique wholesome and match from the within out!