We’re in an period of “mass monsters,” for each women and men. The scale of many prime professional bodybuilding opponents might be wonderful. However that isn’t true of Theresa Ivancik (I-Van-Sick), who at 5’6” and 150 kilos will not be small, however not as massive as a lot of her opponents.
Theresa jogs my memory of any person like Frank Zane, whose power was an impressive aesthetic stability, symmetry, and conditioning that allowed him to defeat a lot bigger opponents. Frank was additionally a grasp of presentation, and that’s one thing Theresa has been working exhausting on. “I’ve a posing coach and I like to include lots of the basic bodybuilding poses from the historical past of the game.”
This has paid off for Theresa. On the Chicago Professional 2020, she not solely received the present however acquired one of the best poser award as nicely.
“We’re all restricted by our genetics,” she says, “however till you push your self exhausting sufficient, you by no means know for positive what your limits are.”
Success in bodybuilding, she says, is a mix of each exhausting work and genetics. You’ll be able to’t change your genetics, however you might be in command of how exhausting you strive.
FROM THERESA’S WEBSITE:
I grew up as a extremely lively baby, all the time working round discovering one thing to do. I acquired my first job at 16, and I keep in mind coming residence after work and going straight to my room (that I shared with my sister) and doing Tae Bo at 10 p.m., whereas she was sleeping.
I’d even come residence on breaks and go for a run since I lived so shut! That is when my health habit really started, I simply beloved how I felt after understanding! I used to be on the Butler Sequinette dance crew in highschool and loved each minute of it, beloved to bounce however by no means performed any sports activities. Then after commencement I didn’t know what profession I actually needed to pursue. Nothing appeared attention-grabbing to me in any respect. My pal acquired me a job at a neighborhood health club working the entrance desk and I beloved it!! I loved the individuals; the environment and it actually didn’t appear to be work in any respect!
I used to be a cardio freak then and didn’t contact a weight and ate little or no meals. Sooner or later I used to be trying by the Oxygen Journal and noticed footage from a contest. I immediately turned impressed by the best way these women seemed. I assumed to myself in the future I’ll do this, I’ll compete!!I needed to go the space, I needed what these women had!! I had a imaginative and prescient of turning into an expert athlete, and presumably having the glory to step on the Olympia Stage!
I additionally needed to personal my very own health club and be a private coach sometime. I lastly discovered one thing I used to be excited by! So, I used to be advised to go see this native coach. Jeff Harlan, as a result of he did contest prep. I did, but it surely didn’t final lengthy, he advised me I wanted to eat. Nicely with me being a cardio freak and likewise affected by bulimia, I assumed he was loopy. So, I didn’t proceed consulting him. I then began coaching by myself in my basement for my first competitors in 2006.
I entered my first determine competitors shortly afterwards in 2007, adopted by two extra — getting ready utilizing ideas and knowledge I acquired studying magazines and the web. I positioned first at my first present, however nonetheless didn’t look the best way I actually needed to look! It was seven years later I bumped into coach Jeff Harlan once more, and I advised him I used to be able to do it! He started to coach me and over time we developed a private relationship.
Jeff continues to be my coach, however now my boyfriend and fiancé as nicely.
Could 2008 was my first actual massive present, with a a lot stricter food plan and tougher intense coaching. From then on, my boyfriend (the coach) and I’ve been collectively ever since. I acquired a private coaching job with him after he helped me with my certification. Which then led into us proudly owning our personal health club, two of the three objectives had been now full, all the things however the professional card!
In 2010 I made a decision to make a change to bodybuilding. I beloved hitting the weights and I beloved the sensation of lifting heavy. The loopy pumps and tougher intense coaching had been extraordinarily addicting. I entered my first bodybuilding present in Pittsburgh at Troopers and Sailors Memorial Corridor and Museum.
I additionally took my 83-year-old grandpa, Pete Ivancik, with me to compete for his first time within the Mr. Pittsburgh masters over 80 class. It was so rewarding to see his face gentle up when he received the title and held up the massive trophy and Most Inspirational plaque. That day modified his life without end. It introduced a distinct side of his persona out of him, one thing I had by no means seen! We each acquired to share that stage collectively for our first bodybuilding competitors!! He continued to pump and practice with weights to the tip of his life.
We misplaced my grandfather at 91 however I proceed to be motivated and impressed by his instance.
Bodybuilding has modified my life in so some ways; from the individuals I’ve met, to the locations I’ve been. I’m right here to encourage and assist others attain their objectives, those they as soon as thought had been unattainable! I’m residing proof that you just by no means actually know what is feasible. ! It’s largely a matter of how dangerous you need it!
So, after a number of exhibits, and studying extra concerning the food plan and coaching, I employed my present coach Brian Hoydic in 2016. Collectively we conquered my third objective, and I’m now an IFBB Skilled Feminine Bodybuilder!!! In 2019, we received my second skilled present on the Norfolk Professional, and positioned six on this planet on the Rising Phoenix World Championships. Then in 2020, we received my third professional present, acquired an invitation to the Rising Phoenix as soon as once more — and at the moment are certified for the 2020 Olympia, and the return of the Ms. Olympia!
My subsequent journey begins right here, now with a brand new objective: to be finest on this planet in the future!!!! I’ve realized to not observe my desires however to chase them! You get one life, be certain to reside it to the fullest every day!
I need to give an enormous thanks to the IFBB Skilled league and my sponsor Wings of Power!!! Thanks, Jake Wooden, Lenda Murray, Alina Popa, and all the crew of Wings of Power, for making all this potential! What you’ve carried out for feminine bodybuilding and the game has been unbelievable! All of us admire your giving us all the chance to satisfy desires and encourage the world!
A imaginative and prescient is the artwork of seeing the invisible! Believing in your self is the primary secret to success!
Theresa’s web site: https://theresaivancik.com/
- 2020 – IFBB Chicago Professional – 1st Place – 2020 Olympia Qualification- Greatest Poser Award
- 2020 – Sponsored Wings of Power Athlete
- 2019 – IFBB Rising Phoenix World Championships – sixth within the World
- 2019 Rising Phoenix – High 5 Greatest Poser
- 2019 – IFBB Norfolk Professional – 1st Place – Certified for Rising Phoenix 2019
- 2019 – Sponsored Wings of Power Athlete
- 2018 – Mannequin for the Beneath we’re girls – Revealed Guide
- 2017 – Mannequin for Wings of Power Music Video – Legacy Woods
- 2017 IFBB Arizona Professional – Wings of Power Rising Phoenix World Championships
- 2017 Honored Visitor Speaker at BC3 Faculty – Sociology Class on Breaking Norms
- 2017 – IFBB Norfolk Professional – 2nd Place – Certified for Rising Phoenix 2017
- 2017 – Filmed Pilot for “Buff Dynasty;” Actuality TV Present with Lenda Murray
- 2016- NPC Miami Nationals – Heavyweight – 1st Place – IFBB PRO CARD
- 2016- NPC Mid Atlantic Grand Prix – Visitor Poser
- 2016 – Pittsburgh Sports activities-line Channel 21 TV Present
- 2016- NPC Northern Individuals – Physique – eighth Place Professional Qualifier
- 2016 – NPC USA Championships – Heavyweight – 2nd Place Professional Qualifier
- 2015 – NPC Miami Nationals – Heavyweight – 2nd Place Professional Qualifier
- 2015 – NPC IFFBB Northern Individuals – Heavyweight – 1st Place Professional Qualifier
2015 – NPC IFBB Northern American’s – Physique – 4th Place Professional Qualifier
- 2014 – NPC Nice Lakes Championships – Visitor Poser
- 2014 – NPC USA Championships – Heavyweight – third Place Professional Qualifier
- 2014 – NPC Pittsburgh – Heavyweight – 2nd Place Nationwide Qualifier
- 2014 – NPC Good Posing DVD – Mannequin for Feminine Bodybuilding Posing
- 2014 – Featured Feminine Bodybuilder Position – Mikes Exhausting Apple Ale Industrial
- 2013 – NPC Northern Individuals – Heavyweight
- 2011 – Honored Visitor Speaker at my 10 12 months Class Reunion
- 2011 – NPC Invoice Grant Traditional – Heavyweight – 1st Place and Total Winner
- 2011 – NPC Junior Nationals – Heavyweight – fifth Place
- 2011 – NPC Pittsburgh – Heavyweight – 2nd Place
- 2010 – NPC Pittsburgh – Heavyweight – third Place
- 2008 – NPC Pittsburgh – Determine – sixth Place
- 2008 – NPC Higher Ohio Valley – Determine – third Place
- 2007 – WNSO Fame World Tour – Determine
- 2007 – NPC Mid Atlantic Grand Prix – Determine – 2nd Place
- 2007 – NPC Pennsylvania Championships – Determine – 1st Place