For many people, back pain can be debilitating. It’s hard to move, it’s painful to sit or stand for long periods of time, and sometimes even sleeping is uncomfortable. Physical therapy in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, provides relief from this discomfort with targeted treatment that helps your body heal. If you’re suffering from back pain and would like more information on the benefits of physical therapy in Fort Lauderdale, contact us today!
How does physical therapy help with back pain in Fort Lauderdale, Florida?
Physical therapy is a common treatment for back pain. Physical therapists can help relieve your symptoms by prescribing exercises and treatments to manage the pain you feel every day. If you want relief from chronic or acute back pain in Fort Lauderdale, physical therapy can get you on the road to recovery quickly. The benefits of working with an experienced physical therapist are endless! You will begin feeling better within weeks instead of months like other forms of treatment options would take.
Types of treatments for back pain include
- Physical Therapy in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- No surgery is needed for back pain treatments.
- There are various types of physical therapy treatment plans to help your back quit hurting.
Physical Therapists recommend trying heat on muscles that feel tight or strained before exercising them with stretches and strengthening exercises. Cold packs applied directly on the skin over an intense lower back spasm will reduce inflammation and relieve the acute pain caused by a slipped or herniated disk, muscle strain, sciatica, lumbar radiculopathy, bursitis/tendonitis involving either facet joint osteoarthritis (OA).
Risks and side effects of physical therapy are rare but may include
- Muscle ache or soreness
- A feeling of tiredness after the treatment. This is usually temporary and should not last for more than an hour.
Injury to your muscles can occur during physical therapy if you are not very careful with performing specific exercises that require a lot of pressure on your body parts. You must avoid any kind of movements that might injure yourself while trying out these new workouts at home under the guidance of professionals physical therapists from Fort Lauderdale.
Who should consider getting treatment for their chronic back pain?
Physical therapy is highly recommended for anyone who has been suffering from back pain caused by a physical injury. If you have an old or new injury that causes chronic, severe pain to your lower back, then consider seeing one of our Fort Lauderdale Physical Therapy experts today!
– People with injuries should seek treatment immediately after their accident.
– Anyone experiencing acute or chronic pain should look into getting treated as soon as possible. There are many benefits to treating the issue early on before it becomes worse and harder to treat down the road!
- Old or recent injuries can be improved upon through Fort Lauderdale Physical Therapy services, so if you’re in any kind of discomfort, these experts can help you out!
Physical Therapy Group of Florida & Cryohealth – Fort Lauderdale
2430 E Commercial Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308